This episode is based on an article by the same name: Exploring ”Home” and Six Forms of Belonging.
More of my MK-related resources can be found at the following links:
2. My playlist of video ”nuggets” on Youtube.
3. My novel about a missionary family, Of Stillness and Storm.
Four ways to make sure you don't miss an episode:
1. Click subscribe after you find Pondering Purple on the podcast platform of your choice.
2. Friend and follow me on Facebook–I'll announce new episodes as they release. (Make sure you hit ”Follow first” under the ”Follow” tab.)
3. Join The MK Hub, a group on Facebook solely devoted to sharing new materials as I produce them.
4. Receive email notifications by writing “subscribe to podcast” in the subject line of a message you send to email@example.com. (I promise–that's all you'll receive. No newsy epistles or cat pictures!)
Please use the media links included with the podcast to share this resource in your missionary, MK and TCK circles. I'd love it if you also left a comment on whatever platform you use, so Pondering Purple can be less of a monologue and more of a conversation.
The title of the podcast is a nod to the complex, beautiful, sometimes confounding, always life-shaping and ideally life-enhancing effects of growing up in the color swirl of cultures and worlds.
· MK or Missionaries' Kid – the child of missionaries.
· TCK or Third Culture Kid – someone who has spent a majority of his/her formative years in a culture other than his/her passport culture. This includes missionaries' kids, military kids, business kids, diplomats' kids, etc.
Music: Bethany J. Dueck.
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/michele-phoenix/message