A few weeks ago, the hosts of the Transformed and Transformational podcast asked me if I’d be open to an interview about MKs and TCKs and—of course—my response was an enthusiastic yes! I’ve posted the audio below.
It goes without saying that forty minutes is not enough time to fully unpack the complexity of MKs and TCKs, but we gave it our best shot! We covered a lot in that timespan: relationships, belonging, goodbye’ing, the Last Supper (?) and even a bit about surviving a pandemic. At the very least, I hope we began a longer conversation you can continue in your own families and communities about the richness and challenges of growing up between worlds.
You can listen by clicking the “play” arrow below or by finding Pondering Purple on your usual podcast apps.
The article about grief we mention in the interview is here: Nine Steps to Living Well in a Season of Grief.
You can listen to more episodes of the Transformed and Transformational podcast on your usual platforms or by clicking HERE.
More of my MK-related resources can be found at the following links:
1. My most-read articles listed on my website.
2. My playlist of video “nuggets” on Youtube.
3. My novel about a missionary family, Of Stillness and Storm.
Four ways to make sure you don’t miss an episode:
1. Click subscribe after you find Pondering Purple on the podcast platform of your choice.
2. Friend and follow me on Facebook–I’ll announce new episodes as they release. (Make sure you hit “Follow first” under the “Follow” tab.)
3. Join The MK Hub, a group on Facebook solely devoted to sharing new materials as I produce them.
4. Receive email notifications by writing “subscribe to podcast” in the subject line of a message you send to email@example.com. (I promise–that’s all you’ll receive. No newsy epistles or cat pictures!)